AdvoCare Health Services is currently hiring for casual cook/MSW (Multi-Service Worker: dietary/hsk/laundry) at our complex care seniors facility in Salmon Arm BC. We are looking for reliable and committed individuals who have a passion for working with seniors, and can work well in a team or on their own. Cook wage $16.21/hr to start, MSW wage 13.44/hr to start.
Prepare and cook foodstuffs and therapeutic diet items by :
- Preparing foods according to recipes, mixing ingredients
- Planning cooking schedules to have food ready on time and to minimize time between completion of cooking and serving.
- Baking, roasting, stewing and steam cooking meat, fish, fowl and vegetables according to recipes.
- Testing cooked food by taste to determine if properly cooked and seasoned.
- Making gravies, stocks, dressings, sauces and soups.
- Preparing cold meats, sandwiches, griddle cakes, breads, pastries, cooked cereals and beverages.
Prepare and portion servings by:
- Carving portions of meat, fish and fowl for individual servings as required.
- Controlling portioning of food items to ensure recipe yield meets assigned quantity quotas.
- Portioning servings according to menu and residents' individual requirements.
- Following established maintenance of food rotations in storage in order to minimize waste and spoilage.
- Estimating food items for cooking requirements according to nutritional and therapeutic diet needs.
- Assigning tasks to Food Service Workers
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Clear Criminal Record Check,
Current licensing or registration associated with this discipline,
WHMIS, Food Safe certificates
Vaccinations, TB test and/or x-ray as required by licensing,
Graduation from a recognized program in quantity cooking plus one year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience preferred.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|