Do you thrive in fast paced environment and enjoy working in senior living facilities? If so, this is the opportunity for you. We are seeking to hire three (3)Cooks for our Senior Living Facilities in Kelowna and West Kelowna , BC.
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry's greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Position: Cook (FT)
Hours: 35 -40 hrs per week
Compensation: $17 per hour to start + Benefits
Location: Kelowna and West Kelowna, BC
To prepare meals for residents and to ensure overall quality and presentation of the food
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
* Preparation of all components of the meal (hot and cold)
* Follow the recipes/menu provided
* Ensure overall quality and presentation of the food is appealing
* Ensure meals are served on time
* Serve food to residents
* Plate meals including snacks, desserts and salads
* Beware of any and follow restricted dietary needs of residents
* Restock work areas and ensure proper stock rotation
* Sanitizing all work surfaces and equipment used
* Wash and store pots and pans
* Clean the kitchen as per cleaning schedule
* Maintain confidentiality of all residents and personnel information
* High School Diploma
* Must have Food Safe 1 and 2 Certificates
* Minimum 2 years of experience as a cook is preferred
* Experience in the healthcare environment considered an asset
* Cook certification/papers and/or comparable experience
* Positive attitude and strong work ethic
* Knowledge of therapeutic diets including modified textures is good to have
* Able to work independently and as part of a team
* Able to lift up to 25lbs
Successful candidates will be asked to agree to a Criminal Record Check and TB Test.
We thanks all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|